New opportunities are regularly added to our list of open positions below. Please select the department area you are interested in applying to view which positions are available. Please see below for Instructions on Applying Online through the UCLA MyCareers system.
Food and Beverage Services
Hospitality Services and Sales
Houskeeping and Maintenance
Administration and Professional Services
How to Apply
Before embarking on your job search, we recommend that you complete a UCLA Employment Application or update your application online. It is also recommended that you create a cover letter and resume, saved as a Microsoft Word document or an Adobe PDF, prior to your job search.
Creating a New UCLA Application:
- Visit http://mycareer.ucla.edu. From the left sidebar, select "Create Application" to begin your application.
- On the next page, you will be asked to select what type of candidate you are. If you are an external candidate who has never applied to the UCLA system before or you are a current UCLA employee seeking a department transfer, please select "UCLA Employment Application." If you were a UCLA employee who was laid off, please select "For UCLA Employees on Layoff Status." Click "Go" to continue to the next page.
- Enter a Username and Password. Be sure to write your username and password down somewhere safe. Once your account information is saved, you will be able to save your application and log in at a later time to complete and submit it.
To submit an application, you will need to complete the following sections:
- Personal Information
- Voluntary Demographic Data
- Education History
- Work Experience
- Transfer Information (For Current UCLA Employees Only)
- Additional Information
- Certification Statement
Checking Your Application Status:
Once you submit your application and required documents, you will be given a confirmation number that you should keep for your reference. You may log in at a later time to check on the status of your application, or use your application to apply for other jobs.
What Happens Next?
After the application period has closed, the hiring department will review the applications and contact applicants for interviews.
We recommend that you check back frequently to see if your application has been updated to one of the following statuses:
- Under Review: The hiring department is currently reviewing applications.
- Reviewed/Others Selected: You have not been selected for an interview. We encourage you to apply to other positions.
Once you participate in an interview, your status may change to one of the following statuses:
- Other Candidate Selected: Another candidate has been hired. Please check other available opportunities.
- Offer Declined: You have declined a job offer from UCLA.
- Hired: You have been hired for the position. Congratulations!
Job Seeker FAQs – Applying for a Job at UCLA
Please click here to see our page on frequently asked questions by job seekers.